Monday 18 November 2013

Widgets

About Toothbrushes, BbQ and Ildiko

What a great weekend! First of all, Melbourne became a sunny place again! =)
Right in time for the Latina Festival at Johnston Street where Foreigners from all latin countries contributed their tasty cuisine and their music combined with free dance classes all day long.

Sandringham Beach
On Sunday I had a run on the beach...such an amazing feeling to run next to the sea. At one point a put one of my earbuds out of my ear to hear the ocean. Wonderful....so wonderful that I didn't see a wave coming and my shoes and my jogging trousers got wet (I was running really close to the water).

In the afternoon I went to a BWS (Beer Wine Spirits - a supermarket that distributes nothing but alcohol in opposite to usual supermarkets which don't sell any alcohol at all) for some Cider and to Coles (supermarket like Spar) to grab some steaks for a Barbecue at my friends Josee's place. Two hours later I finally arrived at her place - she lives on the damn other end of the city and my train line wasn't operating this weekend because of reparation or whatever works, so I had to take the bus. Starving and thirsty we began to marinade the meat while drinking some cold Ciders.

Kangaroo-Sausages
When we found Barbecue Honey-Sauce in the fridge we wanted to marinade our pork spare ribs like real Wannabe-barbecue-pros with a brush! The problem was, we didn't have a brush. But! I had a toothbrush from Etihad Airlines with me - on long distance flights each passenger gets a tiny toothbrush, toothpaste, a sleeping mask and a pair of socks. So we used this (fresh and unused) toothbrush to marinade our ribs. It worked and the ribs were simply nomnomnom! :D


Beside the rips we had Kangoo-Rooh! And, yes, they were Kangaroo-Sausages. To all of you, who I told that Kangoroo meat is chewie (at least the one, I ate in Germany), the sausages are much better (especially better than they look on the photo)!

Me and my toothbrush (which I've never seen again)
After the Barbecue we went to the concert of one of Josee's housemates, performing with his band 'Ildiko', whom I was really excited about to hear.
I've never seen him before. But when I had breakfast at her place a few days ago I suddenly heard some noises from behind a closed door. A guy playing guitar. But he played it so touching, so smooth and with such an energy! 
So I came into the kitchen and asked, totally astonished and excited: "Guys, do you here that?!" 
I just got the answer: "Yeah, that's my housemate Laurence, he's pretty good, isn't he...?"

You find all pictures of the concert in this G+ Album.

But listen to him yourself or download his last Album for free or as much as you wanna pay

At last some impressions of the concert:
Laurence's Guitar

Laurance performing


A guy with awesome hair(cut)




This guy was just attending the concert but I liked his haircut, so I asked him for a photo. While I was taking a picture of him, one of his friends asked me if he could take a picture of me taking a picture of the hairy man. So that's the person to whom the middle finger points ;)
Ben, Laurence' and Josee's Housemate playing pool after the concert

No comments:

Post a Comment